I got it done, it's mounted, and waiting for its frame. It turned out nicely, I think. She asked me to modify parts of the design, leave out a central motif, and stitch the couple's names and wedding date in the center -- in a sort of Hebrew-looking alphabet.
I went online and found this font, which I used as inspiration for charting the names and date. She was pleased with the result.
Here's the finished sampler, before framing.
It will have a fairly dark blue mat and a gold frame. I think the frame we ordered is close to 14" x 14". The stitching is 16 stitches/inch. I've done finer work, but not in quite a while. I was glad to have my new glasses!
Next up, replicating a family Christmas stocking for a bridal shower gift -- due a week from Saturday.
At least it's knitting -- I won't go blind doing that.