Friday, November 26, 2010

Haeli's Quilt, completed

I cut and sewed on the binding yesterday. I needn't have worried, as there was plenty of the striped fabric; indeed, I cut more strips than I needed to go around the perimeter of the quilt. But that's ok, because now I have some pre-cut strips for another project, as well as a sizeable chunk of the fabric.


This morning, I signed the back of the quilt and embroidered over the writing.



Here's the finished quilt, on our bedroom floor (so I could stand on the bed to get the whole thing in frame).


Summary:

= stamped poly/cotton Jack Dempsey Sunbonnet blocks (crib quilt set) from Herrschner's
= cotton prints, including some 30s reproduction prints from a variety of sources (most were purchased as fat quarters here and there, including from Sew Sassy in Urbana, IL); none were bought expressly for this quilt (yay!)
= border & binding fabrics from Threads of Time in Danville, IL
= Warm & White cotton batting from JoAnn Fabrics in Champaign, IL
= repurposed pink flannel sheet for backing
= sashing and embroidered blocks handquilted with Americana 100% glac├ęd cotton quilting thread

Next quilt in the queue will be Christopher's Pajama Quilt. But first I need to knit some more Christmas stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment