Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stocking #1

Here's the first of this year's output, from an Ann Norling pattern (#1018). 

No, I didn't knit the whole thing in a day; the client had knitted down to the bottom of the angel's gown. I took it from there, embroidered the name, sewed the seam, took in ends, added the hanging loop, and blocked it. 

Blocking was a little nerve-wracking, because the client had used 100% wool for some of the colors, and 25% wool/75% acrylic for the green. I'm not sure about the white. She'd also pulled her stranding tight enough in spots that it was quite puckered, but I managed to steam it enough to resolve most of that, without melting the acrylic. Whew! 

This will go in the mail today or tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment